Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 3

Sisters and women of excellence, today's topic is Less Is More. Are we "eating " more than we really need? I am not just referring to food. We must be honest with ourselves and evaluate our lives. There are so many areas of excess in our lives, it leads me to ask the following questions,

1). How much are you eating (not just food)?
2). How excessive are you?
3). What area(s) of your life is out of control? and if it is, is it out of control to the Lord?
4). Are you given to gossipping about others, killing them quietly with the venom that can so easily flow from our lips?
5) How committed are you to the journey that we are on? Have you hissed your teeth thinking you are fine and don't need to be so stringent?
6). Are you treating this as a call from God or just a "thing" that you chose to do?
7). Are you anticipating the move of God that is coming and have you submitted your will to Him as it relates to this process?
8).Are you humble enough to accept correction from anyone of is it only from "certain" people?
9). Is your attitude right?
10). Do you always have to be right and do you think you are finejust the way you are?
11). Do you measure yourself and your own worth according to the standards set by others around you?
12). Does your self-esteem rise and fall with the whims of popular opinion and do you allow other people to control how you think about yourself?



Psalm139:23 Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
24And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


I feel a storm coming and see it stirring in the horizon! and I encourage you sisters to hold on to your seat belts because the Lord will be moving and shaking us right into our destinies!Do not be afraid!
Psalm 139 17How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Sisters, I must confess that I am getting whiplash from asking myself these questions.
Remember we have committed to praying for each other and He who began the good work in us is faithful(truthful, accurate) and able to complete it.

No comments: